Senior SMT Operator
EDM is looking for a full-time Senior Surface Mount Technology (SMT) Operator in our 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP).
Our fast paced SMT department is responsible for ensuring correct and efficient operation of our SMT pick and place machines while maintaining the level of quality that our customers expect.
The most important value of our SMT team is that we are in fact a team. As a team we value the input from each other while maintaining focus on our goals as a business and department. We also celebrate our successes as owners, team, and a business. Our team strives to improve in order to better ourselves and our business.
Our SMT Operators are committed to working together while being flexible to meet the departmental needs. We measure success on communication, focus on product, awareness of production efficiency, and asking the right questions at the right time.
You’re good at:
- Having the right attitude
- Eagerness to learn
- Attention to detail
- Respecting commitments to customers and co-owners
- Thinking outside of the box
- 5+ years of experience on a SMT line.
- Excellent hand eye coordination.
- Ability to inspect small and fine pitch electronic components with and without magnification.
- Ability to identify mechanical/electronic feeder issues on pick and place machines.
- Ability to identify SMT process related issues.
- Experience with preparing SMT line for production including but not limited to loading of programs to solder paste printers, pick and place machines, and reflow oven.
- Familiarity with line control software and/or machine control software.
- Understanding of and/or experience with loading and unloading feeders from trolleys.
- Clear and concise communication with other team members.