Test and Inspection
Our goal is to ship product that meets customer requirements, every time, on time. EDM’s team of engineers work closely with customers to develop the most efficient and cost effective method to test each PCB assembly. Our innovative test solutions have included automated robotic testing to maximize throughput and reduce cost. Any defects are tracked and analyzed for continuous improvement. The result is a high level of product quality and low customer return rate. We’ve also standardized on a third party test platform, which we can modify with custom hardware and firmware to provide a customized test solution. This reduces the cost and time needed to develop a custom fixture.
Testing options include:
- In-circuit testing
- Functional testing using your test fixture
- Design of multi-up test fixtures, and parallel programming
- Segger gang programmer integration into test fixture (ARM)
- Softlog integration into test fixture (PICs)
- Robots for high-volume multi-up testing
- 3D printing and machining capabilities to create custom parts for test robots
- Universal test fixture, which can test six different board designs by using custom cartridges for each.
- Automated Optical Inspection: High speed thorough inspection of parts and solder joints using Yes-Tech 2D and 3D AOI platforms.
- X-Ray Inspection: Boards with BGA components can be inspected using a Glenbrook RTX-113 real-time X-Ray system.